In this video Yoshi provides information on the process of buying vehicles in Japan and exporting them.
Step 1 Register on our vehicle search engine to see the largest selection of vehicles in Japan. We will activate your login and contact you.
Step 2 Tell us what vehicle you are interested in and the preferences you have for it. We will then provide an estimate to the desired port of delivery.
Step 3 To move forward on the vehicle you want, send a 50,000 Yen deposit (8% for bids over 1 million yen, max. 500,000 yen), and we will search daily and translate the auction sheets of the vehicles meeting your requirements. The deposit can either be refunded, or be used toward your invoice after winning a vehicle.
Step 4 Before deciding to bid we can have additional professional third party inspections done on all vehicles to confirm they have been well-maintained and are in good overall condition. Additional pre-bidding photo service is also available at USS auction houses.
Step 5 We will contact you with the inspection report, and bid if it meets your requirements. If you have the highest bid, and it meets the reserve, you will win for only $50 more than the second highest bidder. You can win for less than your maximum bid!
Step 6 After winning, pay the invoice, and your vehicle will be delivered to the nearest port where a supplemental inspection will be performed and multiple photos taken for your confirmation.
Step 7 We will make a booking on the next ship, send you the necessary documentation, and guide you through the import process.
JCD’s friendly professional service charge of ¥65,000 includes:
- Real-time internet support (Whatsapp, Skype, Messenger, Twitter, Line, Homepage chat, etc.)
- Translation of auction sheets
- Arrangement and direction of professional pre-bidding inspections
- Transcription of inspection reports
- Auction bidding
- Inquiry and negotiation with domestic used vehicle dealerships
- Arrangement of vehicle delivery to the nearest port for export
- Pictures taken of vehicle at port and supplemental inspection performed
- Maintenance and free estimates available at port
- Storage at the port FREE for 60 days
- Making a booking on the next available ship
- Vehicle de-registration
- Making and Translation of the export certificate
- Radiation inspection
- Japan side taxes
- Domestic mailing and international postage by EMS of import documents
* Our base fee is ¥65,000. However, on vehicles costing more than ¥1,000,000, we charge an additional 4% of any amount in excess of ¥1,000,000. For example, an extra ¥4,000 is added to a winning bid of ¥1,100,000. If the winning bid at auction is more than ¥8,000,000 no additional margin will be charged on the amount over that.
Additional Export Costs
- Auction house fee ¥16,000 ~
- Domestic inland transportation: ¥8,000 ~
- Export customs clearance for CIF customers ¥17,000 ~
Note On Export Costs: Auction house fees and Export customs clearance may vary depending on the auction house, auction house listing section, export yard and size of vehicle. For example, the Meisha section of USS auction houses charge an additional 10,000 yen to the winner. Also, an additional 10,000 yen is charged on oversized vehicles such as campers and firetrucks if over a certain M3 volume. These costs will be made clear to the bidder prior to bidding.
Variable Additional Costs
- Third party professional inspections: ¥3,000
- Additional, pre-bidding USS photo service, ¥2,000 for 3 areas and ¥4,000 for 6 areas
- Negotiation fee at auction ¥10,000, if applicable
- Inner cargo stowage and or disposal
- Any additional inspections required by the import country
- Import customs clearance, duties, taxes, compliance and registration etc
- Fee to have a vehicle re-entered into the auction ¥40,000
- An additional ¥40,000 yen deposit is necessary when bidding on vehicles that have not been inspected by the auction house (無効) but if a third party inspection is requested by the client and can be performed, the additional deposit is not necessary
Please be sure to read through the FAQ and Terms and Conditions.
Please check Destinations for information on import costs in your country or region.